Phoenix Australia works with organisations that support people affected by trauma, to ensure they deliver best practice supports and treatments.
We provide advice on policies and service models that incorporate evidence-based approaches to recovery. We also provide clinical training, practitioner and service user resources, and consultation and supervision, all based on the latest treatment guidelines and research.
Our services are informed by our research and trauma expertise
We led the development of the Australian Guidelines for the Treatment of Acute Stress Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Our internationally recognised research program advances knowledge about trauma, its effects and treatment. Our staff are expert clinicians with experience working in, and supporting practitioners from, a variety of sectors, including sexual assault services, child and adolescent mental health, adult mental health, military and veteran mental health, community health, homelessness services, and disaster response teams.
Promoting evidence-based care for people affected by trauma
We work with a range of organisations from services providing short-term or brief interventions after a traumatic event, through to those providing focussed treatment for people who have developed PTSD and other mental health conditions.
How Phoenix Australia can help Employee Assistance Organisations
- We work with organisations to ensure that staff have the knowledge, confidence and skills to use best practice approaches when providing support in the immediate aftermath of trauma
- We assist organisations to screen and monitor people affected by trauma – to know when to refer on for further treatment
- We provide training and supervision services that are tailored to your needs
- We provide advice on the use of outcome measures for quality assurance – allowing EAP organisations to demonstrate the benefits of their services to their clients
How Phoenix Australia can help trauma treatment services
- We provide advice on service models, and quality assurance processes for group and individual treatment options
- We advise on standards of care, clinical processes, and appropriate staff qualifications and experience
- We provide training and supervision for staff in evidence-based treatments for PTSD from our range of training programs, and can develop tailored solutions to fit any organisation
- We conduct research and develop evaluation strategies to measure the impact of services delivered.
Resources for organisations working with people affected by trauma
We led the development of the Australian Guidelines for the Treatment of Acute Stress Disorder and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, which provide evidence-based advice to practitioners on interventions not only for people with PTSD, but also early interventions for people exposed to trauma. Visit our Guidelines page for more information and downloadable resources.
See our resources for practitioners to learn more about the range of products we can offer to support the delivery of evidence-based treatments, including:
- Clinician manual and DVD on conducting imaginal exposure in PTSD
- Fact sheets, booklets and a phone app for client and family education
- Online training programs
- Links to common assessment tools
- Downloadable screening tools