Treating traumatised children and adolescents can be challenging even for experienced practitioners.
This training program will provide you with the confidence to use a toolkit of evidence-based interventions to address PTSD and other posttraumatic mental health conditions in young people, whether due to single or repeated traumatic experiences.
The two-day workshop is followed by three group-based consultations with an expert trainer – supporting you to apply and refine your new skills.
With the aid of expert demonstrations, you will learn and practise a range of skills using a family-sensitive approach, including exposure, cognitive, and emotion regulation interventions. The importance of a thorough clinical assessment and comprehensive treatment plan is emphasised.
A comprehensive manual with practitioner tools and client handouts is provided.
Locations & Dates
- Evidence-based treatments for posttraumatic mental health problems
- Involving parents in treatment
- Helping clients make sense of trauma
- Addressing unhelpful beliefs
- Strategies to reduce distress
- Helping clients to get active and address avoidance
- Working with clients to process traumatic memories
- Addressing complicated grief
- Preventing relapse
Who should attend?
Specialist mental health providers who:
- provide treatment and support services to children and adolescents with PTSD
- have experience in mental health assessment, case formulation, and treatment planning
2 day workshop followed by three small-group consultations with an expert trainer via teleconference.
Continuing Professional Development
The training program provides a total of 17 CPD hours – the two-day workshop provides 14 hours, and the consultations a further 3 hours.
$990 (inc GST)
Refunds and cancellation
Please understand, as a not-for-profit, our cancellation policies are necessary to ensure the viability of our workshops, as delivery is dependent on minimum numbers. Phoenix Australia provides a full refund if cancellation is received 20 business days prior to the workshop date. For full cancellation & refund details please click here https://www.phoenixaustralia.org/training-cancellation-and-refund-policy/.