The cognitive impairments commonly associated with trauma and PTSD can be quite disabling.
Using illustrative case studies, this workshop will help you to identify these deficits, understand the impact they may have on a client’s presentation and functioning, and consider the implications for your treatment planning.
The workshop will take a lifespan approach, highlighting the impact of trauma on brain development and cognitive functioning at different life stages. You will learn about cognitive screening measures and how a more comprehensive neuropsychological assessment can enhance your case formulation and treatment planning. You will also learn and practise simple compensation strategies to teach clients to improve their day-to-day functioning.
A practitioner guide with tools, handouts, and an up-to-date reference list is provided.
Locations & Dates
- The impact of early-life trauma on the developing brain
- Common cognitive deficits in PTSD and their functional impact at different life stages
- The neurobiology underlying cognitive deficits in PTSD
- Identifying the impact of comorbid health and mental health problems on cognitive functioning
- Using cognitive screening measures to supplement the assessment process
- The benefits of a comprehensive neuropsychological assessment
- Simple compensation strategies for clients to better manage cognitive deficits
Who should attend?
Specialist mental health providers who provide treatment and support to children and adults with PTSD and related conditions.
1 day workshop
Continuing Professional Development
The training program provides a total of 7 CPD hours.
$440 (inc GST)
Refunds and cancellation
Please understand, as a not-for-profit, our cancellation policies are necessary to ensure the viability of our workshops, as delivery is dependent on minimum numbers. Phoenix Australia provides a full refund if cancellation is received 20 business days prior to the workshop date. For full cancellation & refund details please click here https://www.phoenixaustralia.org/training-cancellation-and-refund-policy/.