The Queensland Floods Practitioner Advice Line on Mental Health
This service is now closed.
Resources for download:
The following customised tip sheets were developed for practitioners and other helpers working with flood-impacted people. Other resources are available on our Fact Sheets and Booklets page.
- Practitioner Tips for providing practical and emotional support
- Practitioner Tips for Helping Children and Adolescents after a natural disaster
- Practitioner Tips for Looking after Yourself after a natural disaster
For people affected by trauma:
- Parent and Carer Tips for supporting children and teenagers; other informative Fact Sheets & Booklets are here.
For teachers assisting students:
- Teacher Tips for supporting students after a natural disaster
Please note: Phoenix Australia does not provide direct clinical care.
If you are a member of the community directly affected by the Queensland floods, and require counselling and support, please visit the NQ Connect website or call them on 1300 059 625.
If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others call one of the numbers below:
Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
Kids Helpline 1800 551 800