The Queensland Floods Practitioner Advice Line on Mental Health
Do you work directly with flood affected Queenslanders who are showing signs of distress or mental health problems?
Use the form below to contact the Practitioner Advice Line on Mental Health for advice and support.
We can provide:
- Advice on providing support and treatment to individuals, groups and communities affected by the recent floods
- Access to information, fact sheets and resources on common reactions to stress and trauma
- Guidance on service and referral options
Our multidisciplinary team has experience in the complexities and challenges of trauma and disaster-related mental health issues that can affect children and adults. Our team’s expertise includes general practice medicine, social work, psychology and psychiatry.
Resources for download:
- For people affected by trauma: We have a range of informative Fact Sheets & Booklets
- For practitioners and other helpers: Practitioner Tips for providing practical and emotional support
- Practitioner Advice Line on Mental Health flyer
Please note: Phoenix Australia does not provide direct clinical care.
If you are a member of the community directly affected by the Queensland floods, and require counselling and support, please visit the NQ Connect website or call them on 1300 059 625.
If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others call one of the numbers below:
Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
Kids Helpline 1800 551 800