Coronavirus (COVID-19) mental health resources
In the early stages of an emerging infectious disease outbreak such as the coronavirus (COVID-19), there is frequently a great deal of uncertainty about the nature of the disease, its spread, and its scope and impact. This may lead to significant and understandable emotional distress, even among those who have not been directly exposed to the disease.
We have developed some useful tip sheets to support health practitioners and community members after the spread of the virus.
Please note: Phoenix Australia does not provide direct clinical care or referral services. To stay up-to-date about developments related to the infectious disease outbreak you can call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
Resources for health practitioners
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tip sheet – Caring for patients’ mental health
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tip sheet – Practitioner self-care
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tip sheet – Supporting at-risk veterans impacted by COVID-19
Resources for community members
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Psychological effects of self-isolation and quarantine
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Taking care of yourself and your family
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Isolation activities for children and adolescents
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – For veterans – Taking care of yourself this Anzac Day
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Keeping yourself mentally well
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – 4 ways to look after yourself during self-isolation
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – How to talk to your kids about the coronavirus
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Advice to seniors on keeping mentally well
Resources for organisations
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Video: Looking after the mental health of your workforce
Other Phoenix Australia trauma mental health resources
- More information about disaster mental health
- More information about trauma and recovery
- Fact sheets and booklets about trauma and recovery
- Recovery Online website with simple tools and videos
- Evidence-based trauma training workshops for health professionals and others in support roles.